Learning Objectives, Workshop 4: Cultivating a Virtuous Character
In "What We Choose: Ethics for Unitarian Universalists," a Tapestry of Faith program
- Learn about virtue ethics and discover its strengths and challenges as an ethical framework
- Identify situations in which they already use this framework for ethical decision making
- Examine the lives of people considered virtuous
- Learn how virtue ethics has historically provided an ethical framework for civil disobedience/social protest, and explore whether this framework is needed to support social protest today.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, January 19, 2012.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- Workshop 10
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)