Learning Objectives, Workshop 3: The Collective Good
In "What We Choose: Ethics for Unitarian Universalists," a Tapestry of Faith program
- Learn about utilitarian/teleological ethics
- Identify times and circumstances when their behavioral choices are based on this framework of ethical decision making
- Explore the idea that morality should be based on the greatest good for the greatest number of people and identify the strengths and weaknesses of this approach
- Be able to identify values implicit in determining the "greater good" in a given situation and identify voices and perspectives represented by those values.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, January 19, 2012.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- Workshop 10
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)