Opening (10 minutes), Workshop 1: The Locus of Moral Authority
In "What We Choose: Ethics for Unitarian Universalists," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Worship table or designated space
- Chalice, candle, and lighter, or LED/battery-operated candle
- Singing the Living Tradition, the Unitarian Universalist hymnbook
Preparation for Activity
- Arrange the worship table or designated space.
Description of Activity
Light the chalice and share Reading 531 in Singing the Living Tradition, "The Oversoul" by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Introduce yourself. Invite participants to briefly introduce themselves with a name and a sentence or two about their connection to the congregation and community.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, January 19, 2012.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- Workshop 10
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)