Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Small containers of bubble solution (one per participant)
- Bubble wands (one per participant)
- Altar or centering table
- Cloth for covering altar or centering table
- Chalice and candle
- Matches or lighter
- Singing the Living Tradition hymnbook (at least one copy)
- Leader Resource 1: Order of Service - Play
Preparation for Activity
- Find reading 664, "Give Us the Spirit of the Child," in Singing the Living Tradition. Decide whether to read it solo or as a responsive reading. If you will read it responsively, gather additional hymnbooks as needed.
- Prepare the altar or centering table with the cloth you have brought, a chalice and candle, and matches or a lighter.
- Have the bubble solution and wands ready for distribution during the worship.
Description of Activity
If you have asked participants to bring toys and games to this workshop, invite them to place their toys or games near the altar or centering table.
Refer to Leader Resource 1, Order of Service - Play, to conduct the opening. You may adapt the service to fit with your group's interest as well as your congregation's identity and customs. The Order of Service is provided as a starting point.
Including All Participants
Pay attention to the modulation of your voice throughout the opening, and particularly during the meditation. Make sure that your tone is gentle and meditative, but keep your volume high enough to be heard throughout the room.
For more information contact email@example.com.