Closing (10 minutes), Workshop 6: Connection
In "Principled Commitment," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Copies of customized Taking It Home handout (see Preparation)
Preparation for Activity
- Review the Taking It Home section of this workshop and decide which "Affection Connection" options you will encourage participants to do.
- Download the Taking It Home section to your computer, customize it for your group, and make a printout or photocopy for each participant.
- Decide whether you will use Alternate Activity 2 in Workshop 7, so that you can ask participants to bring the appropriate items to the next session.
Description of Activity
Summarize the workshop and its focus on connection. Invite participants to share their feelings about this concept. Ask:
- How are you feeling at the close of these activities?
- What may be the next step in your exploration of connection?
Distribute the Taking It Home handout you have prepared.
If you will be using Alternate Activity 2 in Workshop 7, invite participants to bring favorite toys or games (theirs or their children's) to the next session. Explain that they will have an opportunity to briefly demonstrate or talk about the items they bring.
Gather participants around the chalice. Invite each person to offer one thought or insight about feeling connected or about this workshop.
As you extinguish the chalice, read the following closing words:
May our efforts here fuel the fires of connection in this world. May our individual efforts take us one step closer to creating a world of inherent worth and dignity for every person, beginning right here with our partners. Blessed be; may it be so; amen.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Saturday, October 29, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- Workshop 10
- Workshop 11
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources