Welcoming and Entering
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Name tags
- Sign-in sheet
- Pen or pencil
- An agenda of this workshop's activities on newsprint or a digital slide (see Preparation)
- Optional: Computer, digital projector, and screen
- Optional: Copies of workshop series schedule
Preparation for Activity
- Using the Workshop-at-a-Glance as a guide, create an agenda listing the activities for this workshop on newsprint or a digital slide. Before the group arrives, post the newsprint agenda or set up and test the computer and digital projector and display the agenda slide.
- Set up a station with name tags and markers for participants to create their own name tags. Provide large name tags and bold markers so that participants will be able to read one another's name tags from a distance.
- Place the sign-in sheet and pen or pencil at the name tag station.
- If you have a schedule of upcoming workshops, place copies of it at the name tag station.
Description of Activity
As participants enter, invite them to sign in, create name tags, and pick up a schedule for the workshop series if they have not already done so. Direct their attention to the agenda for this workshop.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.