Welcoming and Entering, Workshop 2: Humility
In "Principled Commitment," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Name tags
- Sign-in sheet
- Pen or pencil
- Copies of the completed contact information sheet from Workshop 1 (see Preparation)
- An agenda of this workshop's activities on newsprint or a digital slide (see Preparation)
- Optional: Computer, digital projector, and screen
- Optional: Copies of workshop series schedule
Preparation for Activity
- Photocopy the completed Participant Contact Information sheet from Workshop 1, blocking out any information that individuals have asked you not to share with the group. Make at least one copy per leader and couple.
- Using the Workshop-at-a-Glance as a guide, create an agenda listing the activities for this workshop on newsprint or a digital slide. Before the group arrives, post the newsprint agenda or set up and test the computer and digital projector and display the agenda slide.
- Set up a station with name tags and markers for participants to create their own name tags. Provide large name tags and bold markers so that participants will be able to read one another's name tags from a distance.
- Place the sign-in sheet, pen or pencil, and copies of the contact information sheet at the name tag station.
- If you have a schedule of upcoming workshops, place copies of it at the name tag station.
Description of Activity
As participants enter, invite them to sign in, create name tags, take a copy of the contact information sheet, and pick up a schedule for the workshop series if they have not already done so. Direct their attention to the agenda for this workshop.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Saturday, October 29, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- Workshop 10
- Workshop 11
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources