You Are Here
Handout 1: Saying 'I Love You' without the Usual Words
- Bring home a small gift for your partner, for no reason at all.
- Plan a surprise weekend away. It doesn't have to be far away or expensive, as long as it's just the two of you.
- Leave a message on your partner's voice mail saying how important that person is in your life.
- Do a chore your partner usually does without being asked to help.
- Serve breakfast, coffee, or tea in bed . . . anytime.
- Hug your partner or rub your partner's shoulders without expecting it to lead to sexual activity.
- Mail your partner a love letter (don't e-mail it).
- Tell your partner's family how much you admire your partner and why.
- Be courteous — open doors, hold chairs, take your partner's coat at the end of the day, say "please," "thank you," and "you're welcome."
- Flirt with your partner, regardless of how long you've been together.
- Cuddle while watching TV . . . and let your partner control the remote.
- While your partner's in the tub or shower, toss a bath towel in the dryer so you can wrap your partner in toasty warmth.