Opening (5 minutes), Workshop 8: Commitments
In "Building the World We Dream About," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Worship table or designated space
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- Leader Resource 1, The Shaking of the Foundations
- List of this workshop's goals
- Covenant established in Workshop 1
Preparation for Activity
- Practice reading Leader Resource 1, The Shaking of the Foundations aloud.
- Post the workshop goals and the group covenant where all participants can see them.
- Optional: Arrange for someone to take a group photo. (If you opt to do this, allow a bit more time for the Opening.)
Description of Activity
Light the chalice or invite a participant to light it while you read Leader Resource 1 aloud. Remind participants of the spirit of their covenant. Share the goals of this workshop.
If you are taking a group photo, do so now.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, July 25, 2012.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)