Goals, Workshop 6: Building Multicultural Competence as Personal and Spiritual Practice
In "Building the World We Dream About," a Tapestry of Faith program
This workshop will:
- Introduce the concept of "multicultural competence"
- Present knowledge and skills that individuals and congregations must learn and practice in order to build healthy, accountable relationships with communities of color and other racially and ethnically marginalized groups
- Offer stories of Unitarian Universalist young adults who provide models of multicultural competence
- Present information about a series of events involving issues of race, ethnicity, and culture that reverberate in Unitarian Universalism today
- Invite participants to increase their multicultural competence by applying what they have learned to analyze the issues.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Monday, July 23, 2012.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)