Handout 2: Dismantling Privilege
Steps for Dismantling Privilege
- Step 1: NAME IT! Grapple with understanding of what privilege is and how it works in everyday life.
- Step 2: DEAL WITH IT! Identify privilege, address it, and take some personal responsibility for not allowing it to continue.
- Step 3: REFRAME IT! Build new roles, practices, shared values, and relationships with others to counteract privilege.
Questions to Consider
- Who is advantaged or privileged?
- How do I contribute to this form of privilege?
- What are some new roles or practices that would not allow this manifestation of privilege to continue?
- What are the risks for each person or group in this proposed new scheme of things? What are the benefits?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.