Learning Objectives, Workshop 3: Dominant Culture and Identity
In "Building the World We Dream About," a Tapestry of Faith program
- Consider definitions of "culture," "race," and "identity"
- Discuss the influence of U.S. culture on identity development
- Explore a model of four stages of racial and ethnic identity formation, and test that model against their own experiences
- Explore Whiteness and White identity
- Understand how Whiteness is normalized in their day-to-day lives and in the culture at large.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, July 20, 2012.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)