Goals, Workshop 3: Dominant Culture and Identity
In "Building the World We Dream About," a Tapestry of Faith program
This workshop will:
- Define "culture," "race," and "ethnicity"
- Consider the influence of U.S. culture on identity development
- Introduce the concepts of White identity and "Whiteness"
- Present a model identifying stages of racial and ethnic identity formation for White people and People of Color
- Provide a variety of activities and conversations that deepen participants' understanding of Whiteness and its impact on their day-to-day lives.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, July 20, 2012.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)