Opening (2 minutes), Workshop 1: Telling Our Story: Multiple Truths and Multiple Realities
In "Building the World We Dream About," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Worship table or designated space
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or LED/battery-operated candle
- Leader Resource 1, Sample Program Publicity
- Leader Resource 2, Sample Welcome Letter for Participants
- Leader Resource 3, Poem – Telling
Preparation for Activity
- Use Leader Resources 1 and 2 well in advance of this program, to recruit and prepare/welcome participants in advance of the first workshop.
- Practice reading Leader Resource 3, Poem — Telling, aloud.
Description of Activity
Light the chalice or invite a participant to light it while you read Laura Hershey's poem, "Telling," aloud.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, July 20, 2012.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)