Leader Resource 2: Sample Welcome Letter for Participants
Thank you for registering for Building the World We Dream About for Young Adults. The (program/conference/first workshop) will take place (day, date, time, and place).
This program (these workshops) seeks to interrupt the workings of racism and transform how people from different racial/ethnic groups understand and relate to one another. It features:
- honest and open conversations about race
- tools to better understand your own ethnic and racial identity and journey
- practical skills you need in your own life right now as you make their way in an increasingly multicultural world
There will be time for personal reflection, small group conversation, art and drama activities, and worship. We ask that you bring:
- a personal journal
- Workshop 1, Handout 1, Guidelines that Promote Multicultural Dialogue (enclosed with this letter)
- (list appropriate to your circumstances, which may include sleeping things, snacks, musical instruments, and so on)
- An open mind, an open heart, and a willingness to grow and change
We very much look forward to your participation in this program. If you have questions about the site, please contact (registrar). If you have questions about the program, please contact one of us.
[Facilitator names and contact information]