Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Lined paper and pens/pencils
- Taking It Home
- Singing the Journey, the Unitarian Universalist hymnbook supplement, enough for participants to share
- Optional: Keyboard
- Optional: Recording of the song "How Could Anyone?" by Libby Roderick, on the album How Could Anyone?, and a music player
Preparation for Activity
- Write on newsprint, and post:
- What ideas were most interesting or challenging to you?
- What powerful ideas, concerns, or puzzlements are you holding as a result of this session?
- Copy Taking It Home for all participants.
- Optional: Arrange for musical accompaniment or a song leader.
Description of Activity
Invite participants to spend five minutes writing feedback in response to the question you have posted on newsprint.
Distribute Taking It Home and invite participants to do the suggested activities before the next meeting. Read the instructions aloud and invite participants to ask questions.
Sing together Hymn 1053, "How Could Anyone?" or listen to the song, and extinguish the chalice.
Gather participants' written feedback.
Including All Participants
Prepare a large-print version of Taking It Home.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.