Taking It Home
Our schools and the social environment in this country have not prepared us to be competent dealing with race and multiculturalism. This is unfinished business in America, in the UUA, and in our congregations. — Paula Cole Jones
Notice in your own life where you participate—or could participate—in activities that promote multicultural competence. This week, explore and make a list of opportunities that present themselves and practical things you can do to:
- Develop personal cultural awareness of groups/people who are not like you
- Acquire specific knowledge about individuals and groups from other cultures and affiliations
- Maintain a receptive attitude and openness to all forms of diversity
- Build your cross-cultural and multicultural communication skills
- Cultivate a passion for multicultural settings and intercultural engagement.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.