Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Participants' journals
- Paper and pens/pencils
- Participant reflections from Workshop 12, Taking It Home
- List of this workshop's Goals
- Covenant established in Workshop 1
- Optional: Meditative music and player
Preparation for Activity
- Write the Workshop 12, Taking It Home reflection prompts on newsprint, and post:
- What have I learned?
- What do I need to learn more about?
- What I need you to know about me is _________.
- I feel challenged/supported by _________.
Description of Activity
Welcome participants and remind them of the spirit of their covenant. Share the goals of this workshop.
Say that together you will create a worship service for racial reconciliation and healing. Explain that you will not light the chalice immediately, but will do it as part of the worship service. Invite them to enter a time of silent reflection, considering the questions from Workshop 12, Taking It Home that you have posted. Invite them to consider which part of their reflections they would like to share as part of the worship service.