How can we honor Our Whole Lives 'graduates'?
Our Whole Lives is a significant program in people’s lives. A congregation may wish to recognize Our Whole Lives graduates and facilitators in a way visible to the rest of the congregation. Many congregations give a small gift to “graduating” participants. Ideas have included:
- A copy of Changing Bodies, Changing Lives by Ruth Bell. This book is available at a discount from the publisher for religious organizations. Some congregations give this to participants at the beginning of the program, and use it as an informal textbook. One congregation created stick-on labels which they placed inside copies of Changing Bodies, Changing Lives. The labels listed local hotlines, organizations, and website resources on sexuality issues.
- Our Whole Lives bookmarks, which related Unitarian Universalist Principles to sexuality education (a congregation printed these themselves, based on Sexuality and Our Faith materials).
- A nicely bound copy of all the Our Whole Lives program handouts for each participant. (The ones given out throughout the year tend to get lost.)
- An Our Whole Lives “scrapbook” with pictures of participants and memories.
- Our Whole Lives pins, found at UniUniques under Jewelry: Lapel Pins.
- Our Whole Lives certificates, customized by the congregation.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Monday, November 7, 2011.
- Facilitator Trainings
- Trainer Resources
- Facilitator Training
- Parental Involvement
- Programs by Age Level
- Introducing/ Promoting
- Can we collaborate with a UCC church?
- How can OWL work with our regular RE?
- How can we honor graduates?
- How long are the programs?
- Budgeting for OWL?
- Should siblings be kept apart or together?
- Should we screen facilitators?
- Should we get more boys?
- Leaders the same gender?
- Selecting good leaders?
- Number of participants?
- Running an OWL Program
- Sexuality and Our Faith
- Special Issues
- Supplemental/ Facilitator Resources