Pastoral Care Resources
- Winter/Spring 2003 FaithWorks (PDF) offers, on pages 62-64, Critical Conversations: Congregations Responding to Youth & Crisis, a primer prepared by Rev. Aaron Payson and the UU Trauma Ministry Team.
- Talk With Kids offers resources for parents and teachers to help facilitate communication and health around tough issues, such as the news, violence, crisis, and more.
- Find advice on the website of the American Academy of Pediatrics, especially their article on Communicating With Children About Disasters.
- The American Psychological Association offers a variety of helpful publications on managing traumatic stress.
- The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry provides the article Helping Children After a Disaster.