Recommended Parenting Resources
- Tufts University Child and Family Web Guide: This site is an excellent resource for a large spectrum of information about children and families. The site provides information and also offers assessments by renowned child development experts of other child and family-related sites.
- Mavin Foundation: The nation's leading organization that builds healthy communities that celebrate and advocate for mixed heritage people and families.
- AMAZE: A non-profit organization of parents, educators and other caring adults working to create safe and respectful communities by promoting the knowledge and skills needed to work together across our differences.
- The Gift of Faith: Tending the Spiritual Lives of Children: Celebrates the importance of religious community, both as a support for parents and as an environment in which the spirituality of children can flourish. Revised edition includes a new preface, a new chapter about the home, and rituals for marking the events in children's lives as religious occasions. 128 pp. By Jeanne Harrison Nieuwejaar.
- The Parent Trilogy: Three Programs for Unitarian Universalist Parents and Other Adults by Roberta and Christopher Nelson. Three adult RE curricula: Being a Unitarian Universalist Parent offers five sessions and 17 handouts on theology and real-life child rearing. Parents as Resident Theologians includes six sessions and 12 readings to help parents and kids explore together their beliefs about God, prayer and other religious issues. Parents as Social Justice Educators provides six sessions on values clarification and how to talk about social issues. 104 pp. Published by Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church Board for Homeland Ministries in 1998.
- Tips for Parenting in a Commercial Culture: Produced by the New American Dream, this is an excellent, parent-friendly booklet addressing how parents can navigate family life in a commercial culture. It is downloadable.
- Unitarian Universalists Taking It Home: Families and Faith
Six downloadable booklets written for Unitarian Universalist congregations and families addressing the topics: Respect, Time/money Balance, Marriage & Committed Relationship, Divorce & Family change, Loss, and Interfaith Families.
- World of Difference: Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith: Provides workshops, videos and materials to help parents raise non-biased, non-prejudiced children, focusing on developing positive inter-group relations. 823 United National Plaza, New York, NY 10017; (212) 490-2525.
For more information contact email@example.com.