Correspondence Between the Unitarian Universalist Association and the Boy Scouts of America: 1985-1999
- August 7, 1985: Letter from Rev. William F. Schulz to the Editor, New York Times
Rev. Schulz was President of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) from 1985-1993.
- May 7, 1998: Letter from Lawrence Ray Smith, Ph.D. to Jennifer Harrison Concerning the Religion in Life Award
Dr. Smith is Chair of the Religious Relationships Committee at the BSA.
Ms. Harrison was Director of Youth Programs at the UUA.
- September 30, 1998: Letter from Rev. John Buehrens to Dr. Lawrence Ray Smith
Rev. Buehrens was President of the UUA from 1993-2001.
- October 19, 1998: Response from Dr. Lawrence Ray Smith to Rev. John Buehrens
- February 22, 1999: Summary of communication between Rev. Cynthia Breen, Rev. Keith Kron, and Thomas Deimler
Rev. Breen and Rev. Kron are members of the UUA staff.
Mr. Deimler is a member of the Religious Relationships Committee at the BSA.
- February 26, 1999: Summary of communication between Thomas Deimler and Rev. Cynthia Breen
- April 28, 1999: Open letter from Rev. John Buehrens
- May 7, 1999: Letter from Dr. Lawrence Ray Smith to Rev. John Buehrens
- May 18, 1999: Open letter from Rev. John A. Buehrens
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, October 26, 2011.
- Campus Ministry
- Young Adults
- Religious Educators & Teachers
- Congregational Stories
- Tapestry of Faith Curricula
- Our Whole Lives Sexuality Education
- What's New