Service and Social Justice on Campus
Go on an alternative spring break trip! Stand on the Side of Love by becoming involved in area events or starting your own Standing on the Side of Love chapter.
Young Adult Spirituality & Service
The Young Adult Spirituality and Service Program of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) includes:
- Organizations that have been researched and informed by the UUA Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministries, offering domestic and international service opportunities.
- Resources to ease your journey, like the Young Adult Service Journal to guide your reflective process before, during and after your trip, and the Young Adult Service Trip Fundraising Manual to help you get there.
- Spiritual exercises for self-improvement, whether you're going on a service trip or not.
Interested in an alternative to traditional spring break trips? A service trip is a great opportunity for a campus ministry group to do together. An established group can expand their programming or an emerging group can center their energy and purpose around one project. Or take a spring break service trip on your own!
Hear the audio and review the PowerPoint from our webinar Best Practices IV: Service and Social Justice, available on "Webinar Recordings and Conference Call Action Items."
Contact youngadultservice [at] uua [dot] org for more information on Service and Spirituality options for young adults.
Standing on the Side of Love
Standing on the Side of Love is an interfaith public advocacy campaign, sponsored by the Unitarian Universalist Association, promoting respect for the inherent worth and dignity of every person. How can you be involved in this campaign?
- Reach out to your neighboring congregations to see if they have Standing on the Side of Love events you could join.
- Organize your own Standing on the Side of Love events and invite others from your campus and surrounding community to attend.
- Start a Standing on the Side of Love chapter on your college campus. This is perfect for colleges that have determined that campus ministry fills a unique space on campus as a religious voice for justice. Or, for colleges that only have a small number of Unitarian Universalists, but a large need for a faithful voice against oppression.
- Refer to Grants and Program Support for information on financial support for Standing on the Side of Love visibility materials.
Hear the audio and review the PowerPoint from our webinar Best Practices V: Standing on the Side of Love, available on "Webinar Recordings and Conference Call Action Items".
Like Standing on the Side of Love on Facebook to stay in the know.
Contact love [at] uua [dot] org if you are interested in becoming more involved in Standing on the Side of Love.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.