Homilies & Reflections for Knoxville
- "Life is full of difficulty..."
Rev. Dennis McCarty
- "This senseless act of violence has affected the Unitarian Universalist faith..."
Rev. Catherine Harrington
- "Last Sunday morning marked the first time since the Second World War that Unitarian Universalists were martyred..."
Rev. Richard Weston-Jones
- "This past year, there were many Sundays when we spoke or sang together these words by Libby Roderick..."
Rev. Tim Kutzmark
- "We gather and come together in sadness, in anger, in sorrow, in dismay and disbelief..."
Rev. Lyn Oglesby, PhD
- "We didn’t learn yesterday that tragedy is a part of this world..."
Rev. James C. (Jay) Leach
- "I do not want us to leave tonight without acknowledging our fear..."
Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray
- "Some of life’s events do not lend themselves to the easy interpretation of cause and effect..."
Rev. Dr. Brent A. Smith
- "Some acts resist comprehension..."
Rev. Gary Kowalski
- "In the midst of our grief, it is also right that we reaffirm who we are as Unitarian Universalists..."
Rev. Jodi Cohen Hayashida
- "Several of you emailed me this week, saying, I feel like we need to do something..."
Rev. Linda Hoddy
- "I know Knoxville..."
Rev. Jeanne Lloyd
- "In this community celebrated for its liberal spirit..."
Rev. Pallas Stanford
- "The sign welcomed everyone..."
Rev. Wendy von Zirpolo
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, February 8, 2013.
- Prayers Follow Shootings in Knoxville
- Worship Resources
- Opening Words
- Chalice Lightings
- Closing Words
- Hymns & Words