ZZZ-RETIRED Meet the Gulf Coast Relief Funding Panel
The Funding Panel met for the final time on June 11, 2007. Read the final report (PDF).
Members of the Panel
- Eunice Benton, District Executive, UUA's Mid-South District
- Rev. Steve J. Crump, Sr. Minister, Unitarian Church of Baton Rouge, LA
- Dr. Rebecca Cureau, New Orleans native and long-term member of the Unitarian Church of Baton Rouge, LA
- Rev. Jacqueline Luck, Minister, UU Church of Jackson, MS, and Our Home Universalist Unitarian Church in Ellisville, MS
- Rev. Meg Riley (Chair of the Panel), Director, UUA's Advocacy and Witness Staff Group
- Joe Sullivan, President, UUA's Southwest District
- Martha Thompson, Unitarian Universalist Service Committee
Read the biographies of the panel members.
Megan Joiner acted as administrator for the Funding Panel. Megan is currently studying for the UU Ministry in New York City .
The Funding Panel will distribute all funds received in the UUA/UUSC Gulf Coast Relief Fund as follows:
- to address the needs of the most disadvantaged and marginalized communities in the affected areas as they rebuild their lives and livelihoods, and
- to support Unitarian Universalist congregations as they rebuild their ministries in the region of the hurricane.
Read the full text of the Gulf Coast Relief Fund Funding Panel Charter (PDF).
Three advisory boards support the charge of the Funding Panel. The primary responsibilities of the advisory boards are to evaluate and recommend specific proposals for funds to the Funding Panel in accord with the purpose of the Fund.