Unitarian Universalist (UU) congregations operate through the collective work and talents of those who come through its doors. Your participation in the life and operations of a congregation is essential, and we provide resources to enhance your existing skills and foster new ones.
In addition to the resources below, additional in-person and online learning are available throughout the year at our annual General Assembly, Regional and District gatherings, and much more. For more information about learning opportunities near you, please contact conglife [at] uua [dot] org.
Inside the Congregation
- Our Church Office section has resources to facilitate congregational administration.
- Congregational Finance includes information for treasurers, finance committees, stewardship teams, and accountants.
- For leadership development, vision & mission crafting, and issues of polity and bylaws, see Governance.
- Safe Congregations has guides on everything from conflict management to responsible staffing and what to do in the case of sexual misconduct in your congregation.
- Resources for staffing, professional credentialing, salary recommendations, and health coverage are in Careers & Callings.
Into the Community
- Growing Your Membership offers membership assessment tools, tips for newcomer hospitality, marketing materials, resources for congregations of all sizes, and more.
- Disability & Accessibility includes checklists and walkthroughs to make sure you're ready to welcome people of all ability levels.
- For trainings, guides, and tips on congregational websites, newsletters, PR, and the use of social media, see Communications.
Worship & Inspiration
- When you plan a service, start with WorshipWeb for words for worship as well as in-depth guides for enriching and deepening your congregation's worship experience.
- Curricula for children, youth, adults, and multigenerational groups in congregations and faith development resources for lay leaders, religious professionals, families, and seekers of all ages are in our Religious Education area.
- The UU Bulletin is a collection of announcements and updates from our national Unitarian Univeralist offices.
- InterConnections is an archive of tips and stories about vital congregations for lay leaders and the professional staff who work with them.
- Drive Time Essays are articles to read (or listen to) featuring wisdom for and by Unitarian Universalist leaders.
Subscribe to the UU-Leaders Email List, UU-Leaders is an email discussion list for leaders of UU congregations.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.