UUA LGBT Coalitions and Partners
Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Offices and Programs
- Multicultural Growth & Witness
Multicultural Growth & Witness seeks to make Unitarian Universalism a welcoming, inclusive, empowering, and just faith for Unitarian Universalists (UUs) who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender (LGBT); economically oppressed; Latina/Latino and Hispanic; multiracial families; people of color; and people with disabilities.
- Social Justice Empowerment Program
The Social Justice Empowerment Program includes the Social Justice Empowerment Workshop and Handbook for congregations. The Social Justice Empowerment workshop allows members of a congregation to assess the quality of their social justice program and gives congregations an opportunity to consider what is being done as an institution to create a more just and caring world.
- The Welcoming Congregation Program
The Welcoming Congregation Program is a voluntary program for congregations that see a need to become more inclusive towards bisexual, gay, lesbian, and/or transgender people. It consists of a series of workshops developed by the UUA. The goal of the workshops is to reduce prejudice by increasing understanding and acceptance among people of different sexual orientations.
Coalitions and Partners
- Gender Public Advocacy Coalition
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
- Lambda Legal
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force (NGLTF)
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)—BGLT Rights
UU Social Justice Organizations
- Staff Listings: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Ministries
- lgbt [at] uua [dot] org