UU University Stewardship Track
Biographies for Stewardship Track Presenters
Presenting along with Co-Deans Jeanne Pupke and Cecilia Kingman:
Chuck Collins, Director, Program on Inequality and the Common Good Institute for Policy Studies
Chuck Collins is a senior scholar at the Institute for Policy Studies where he directs the Program on Inequality and the Common Good. He is a national expert on economic inequality and the current economic crisis in the U.S. He coordinates Wealth for the Common Good (wealthforcommongood.org), a network of business leaders and high net worth individuals concerned about inequality—and co-founded the emerging “common security club” movement.
He is author of several books, including Economic Apartheid in America: A Primer on Economic Inequality and Insecurity (New Press, 2005). He co-authored with Bill Gates Sr., Wealth and Our Commonwealth, a case for taxing inherited fortunes. His newest book co-authored with Mary Wright, The Moral Measure of the Economy (Orbis Press, May 2007), examines Gospel perspectives on U.S. economic life. It was named as one of the Best Spiritual Books of 2007, according to Spirituality and Practice. He recently co-authored a comic book on the economic crisis, called the Economic Meltdown Funnies. Since 1990, he has co-founded a number of social change organizations including United for a Fair Economy, Responsible Wealth and Business for Shared Prosperity.
Resources for Stewardship Track
- YES Magazine: Summer 2009 Issue on the New Economy
- Common Security Clubs: learn more and get the free Facilitator’s Guide
- Videos: Common Security Club Members
- From UU World: “Working Together to Create Common Security”
- Wealth for Common Good: national campaign to support progressive tax proposals—including a special initiative to enlist high income taxpayers to support the repeal of the Bush tax cuts on the top
- Unitarian Universalists for a Just Economic Community