Blue Ribbon Award for Congregations Supporting the UU United Nations Office
You have a great opportunity to strengthen support for the Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office (UU-UNO) by helping your congregation achieve blue ribbon status. In order to do this, your congregation needs to:
- Have an Envoy, Youth Envoy, or Envoy Team.
Envoys serve as the link between their congregation, the UU-UNO, and the United Nations. They promote UU-UNO education and advocacy in their congregations and bring local concerns to the international stage through the UU-UNO.
- Hold an annual UN Sunday service.
In celebration of the founding of the United Nations on October 24th, 1945, the UU-UNO invites congregations to deepen their understanding of the United Nations by devoting one service in October to highlighting the work of the UU-UNO and reaffirming the connections between UU principles and vital issues dealt with at the UN.
- Have 15 members or 5% of your congregation donate individually.
The annual contribution rate is $50 ($40 for ministers and seniors, $20 for youth). Please create a document to keep track of the individual donors from your congregation and send to Envoy Coordinator with your UN Sunday report.
- Give the UU-UNO an annual budget line or collection plate.
Talk to your minister and administrators to find out how to create an annual budget line. The collection plate criteria can accomplished at your UN Sunday service!
In return, your congregation will be recognized for its steadfast dedication to international human rights and be presented with:
- A blue ribbon at UUA General Assembly or the Canadian Unitarian Council (CUC) Annual Conference and Meeting (a great new name tag accessory).
- Formal recognition on the UUA-UNO website.
- A specialized plaque to be displayed at your congregation.
For more information on how to become a Blue Ribbon Congregation, contact our Envoy Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
2012-2013 Blue Ribbon Congregations
- First Unitarian Congregation of Toronto, ON
- First Unitarian Church of Victoria, BC
- Kingston Unitarian Fellowship in Kingston, ON
- Universalist Unitarian Congregation of Halifax, NS
In the United States
Winners will be announced soon!
For more information contact email@example.com.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, May 14, 2013.