Live your Unitarian Universalist values out loud. Make your year-end gift today!
Guided by our principles, Unitarian Universalists (UUs) are called to advocate for international human rights; to be a voice for the voiceless by promoting the inherent worth and dignity of all living things. The Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office is able to raise our UU voices at the United Nations and directly impact human rights at a policy level, through UN consultative status.
For a non-profit organization to have any influence at the UN, it needs to have UN “consultative status.” There are two types of UN consultative status:
CONGO committees on which the UU-UNO serves:
• UN NGO Committee on Human Rights, Bruce Knotts is the chair
• UN Faith the Ethics Network for the International Criminal Court, Bruce Knotts is the chair
• UN NGO Committee on Disarmament, Peace and Security, Bruce Knotts is the chair
• UN NGO Committee on Sustainable Development, Bruce Knotts serves on the governing board
• UN NGO Committee on Migration
• UN Commission on the Status of Women
For more information, please contact the unitednations @ uua.org.
Our work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors. Please consider making a donation today.
For more information contact unitednations @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors.
Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, November 21, 2014.
Sidebar Content, Page Navigation
More Ways to Search
Make a Donation to the UU-UNO
Read or subscribe to UUA.org Updates for the latest additions to our site.
Learn more about the Beliefs & Principles of Unitarian Universalism, or read our online magazine, UU World, for features on today's Unitarian Universalists. Visit an online UU church, or find a congregation near you.