International Engagement Resources
Top Ten Resources for International Engagement
- The Faith Without Borders program invites and supports congregational integration of a faithful and holistic vision of international engagement into their ministry. The program supports seven areas of congregational life: worship, religious education, justice-making, partnership, stewardship, pilgrimage/witness, and associational leadership.
- A DVD Introduction to the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Holdeen India Program—Partners for Justice in India—describes how the UUA supports grass-roots, human-rights based social change movements in India.
- International News (I-News) is a bi-weekly e-newsletter from the UUA that helps individuals and congregations keep abreast of important events and resources related to our global movement.
- Our catalog of Unitarian, Universalist, and Unitarian Universalist (U/U) judicatories (associational, denominational, and regional organizations) around the world is useful in many contexts, from finding worship locations while travelling internationally to describing the multicultural breadth of our movement in religious education classes or during worship.
- Our list of interfaith organizations focused on international engagement can help your congregation decide who to contact when you have a great idea for an international project. Alternatively, contact our office and we'll help you decide where the best resources are.
- The Faithful International Engagement workshop provides tools for congregations to design or redesign their international engagement activities. It includes four general sections: history, theological grounding, models, and strategic planning.
- Including the International Council of Unitarians and Universalists (ICUU) Monthly "Global Chalice Lighting" Reading during worship is a simple and profound way of expressing your congregation’s commitment to international engagement.
- If you're planning to travel and expect to connect with Unitarians or Unitarian Universalists in another country, these resources for lay-people and clergy may be helpful.
- You and your congregation can stay in touch with the International Resources Office on Facebook and through the International Blog.
- We provide profiles of congregational international engagement that are both inspirational and full of practical suggestions.
Comprehensive List of Resources
A comprehensive list of all UU International Resources is also available.