Mother's Day Witness Draws Crowds and Media
The Congregation of First Unitarian Universalist Society of San Francisco gathered on the church's steps on Mother's Day morning to issue a 2007 Proclamation for Peace, rekindling the original spirit of the holiday started in 1870 by Unitarian Julia Ward Howe.
Moderator Linda Enger, Reverend Greg Stewart, and MC Dolores Priem were in the spotlight at the event which included Gold Star Mother Karen Meredith, Assemblyman Mark Leno, and peace activists Camilo Mejia, Pablo Paredes, Sean O'Neill, and Agustin Aguayo.
Media representatives from television, radio, and the web covered the ceremony. The First Unitarian Universalist Society's public stand for peace lead the hourly local news reports on KCBS-740 on Sunday afternoon. Film coverage was aired that night on KTVU (Channel 2) and on KGO (Channel 7), and the San Francisco Chronicle printed a story on May 14 as follow-up to the event.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, May 3, 2013.
- Congregational Engagement
- Faithful Witness and Action
- Creating Peace
- Conscientious Objection
- Women: Security and Peacebuilding
- Every Child is Our Child
- Conflict Areas
- Programs & Partners
- Congregational Stories
- Growth of an HIV/AIDS Partnership
- FUC Albuquerque's Anti-Torture Witness
- A Life-Changing Journey to Iran
- Tents of Hope for Darfur
- First Universalist Church of Essex, MA, Sponsors Iraq War Veterans
- Congregation of Phoenix Calls Attention to Human Rights Violations
- Building a UU Global Social Justice Movement
- Mother's Day Witness
- GA Presentations
- UU Travel
- Holdeen India
- United Nations
- International Affiliations