The Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office (UU-UNO) seeks interns to serve as active participants and collaborators in our work.
Interns are encouraged to choose one of the following program areas to focus on during their time at the UU-UNO. While interns may focus on one particular issue area, they are expected to collaborate with their colleagues on programs and intersecting issues of concern. To note, interns are not required to be enrolled in any academic program when applying to work at the UU-UNO.
- All interns must be at least 18 years old as of summer 2020.
- We ask for a commitment of at least 8 weeks, and at work 3-4 days per week.
- All interns must hold health insurance for the duration of their placement.
- Must arrange own housing prior to start of the internship
- Under guidance & supervision of UU-UNO staff, collaborate with other interns to design and coordinate programming for one or more of the listed UU-UNO program areas
- Plan and organize events related to office initiatives
- Generate and edit promotional materials for office initiatives, in two areas - outreach to constituents in and around the United Nations, and outreach to constituents in UU congregations around the US and Canada
- Promote work of the office through social media campaigns
- Conduct research and write blog posts for the UU-UNO website
- Represent UU-UNO by participating in meetings and events at UN Headquarters
- Contribute to the day-to-day functioning of the office
- Other duties as assigned by office staff.
- Interns are encouraged to familiarize themselves with UU principles and UU community
- Demonstrated interest in international affairs
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Must be motivated and responsible, and capable of managing a variety of assignments
- Comfortable taking responsibility for program advocacy and thinking strategically
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel; Microsoft Publisher and/or other design platform is a plus
- Foreign language proficiency is a plus
- Familiar with various social media platforms
- Photography or video editing is a plus
We encourage internship applicants to inform us of any particular interest they may have in working on a particular program. Please note the internship has historically been unpaid. The UU-UNO is currently in discernment about potentially offering a stipend for summer interns; this page will be updated once a decision is made.
In order to apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is March 8, 2020. Decisions will be shared in April 2020.