November 1, 2004Want to know more about Unitarian Universalism (UU)? Here are sources which are easily available to newcomers.
- UUA.org—the Unitarian Universalist Association, our denominational body. Here you will find a general history of the denomination, a section on what UUs believe, and a listing of various programs. There are also links to websites of other UU congregations. On these sites you can learn much about Unitarian Universalism by reading the numerous sermons posted by ministers. There is also a link on the website for the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Bookstore which has many books which are helpful for visitors and new members.
- http://___________________ —this the website for our congregation. Come here to find out who is head of a committee (and how to send email to them). Find out about upcoming events and ways you can get involved.
- Adult education course—we have eight course offerings this fall and winter here at church. For more information ask at the Visitors' Table or pick up a Lifespan Religious Education booklet.
- Our own library—the library in the lobby outside Fellowship Hall has many books of interest to newcomers. They may be checked out before or after services. The books include the following:
- A Chosen Faith: An Introduction to Unitarian Universalism, by John A. Buehrens and Forrester Church. Rev. Buehrens is president of the UUA and Rev. Church is minister at Unitarian Church of All Souls, New York, NY. (Order online)
- Being Liberal in an Illiberal Age: Why I am a Unitarian Universalist, by Jack Mendelsohn, a UU minister of more than fifty years. (Order online)
- Getting to Know the Church—four half-hour video programs about Unitarian Universalism.
Ask also at the library or the Visitor's Desk for back copies of the UU World magazine, our denominational magazine, published bimonthly, or visit UU World.
For more information contact interconnections @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, September 14, 2011.