Informational Packets for Visitors and New Members
First-time visitors should be given either a packet of information or individual items, depending on their level of interest.
First-time Visitor's Packet
- Welcome letter from Membership Chair or Minister.
- Current congregational brochure.
- Current newsletter.
- Recent World Magazine.
- Booklet describing small groups.
- Religious Education (RE) brochure.
- Lifespan RE class booklet.
- Path to Membership Letter, including invitation to (and dates of) newcomer classes.
- David O. Rankin wallet card: "What Do Unitarian Universalists Believe?"
- Dinner for Eight explanation and invitation.
When visitors join give them a packet with the following except for the items they were given at newcomer classes:
- Letter of Welcome from the membership chair.
- Letter of Welcome from the minister.
- Canvass Letter, pledge card, and return envelope from membership or canvass chair.
- Ways to Connect (small groups) booklet.
- Polly Guild Brochure (Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Bookstore): Becoming a Member.
- David Rankin wallet card (UUA Bookstore): What Do UUs Believe?—Red/Tan (2).
- 7 Principles wallet card (UUA Bookstore)—Tan (2).
- Book—UU Pocket Guide (UUA Bookstore).
- Dinner for Eight invitation.
- Phone Directory.
Note: Some congregations prefer to mail new members a pledge card and letter explaining stewardship immediately after they join, so it doesn't get lost in other new-member materials and so that it won't be misunderstood that the pledge card should be returned as part of the membership process.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.