Immigration Policy and Programs
Around 11 million undocumented immigrants are living and working within U.S. borders without a path to citizenship. Our focus on enforcement-only policies has not reduced that number, but has led to the tearing apart of families, human rights abuses and even death.
- Families wait years, sometimes decades, to be reunited due to tremendous Visa Backlogs.
- Flawed Guest Worker Programs leave migrant laborers vulnerable to exploitation.
- Human rights are violated by unjust Raids and Detention.
- Thousands have died due to Militarization of the Border.
- State and Local governments are writing their own, piecemeal legislation, such as SB 1070 in Arizona.
- ICE ACCESS programs have coopted local law enforcement officials into federal immigration enforcement.
- Ultimately, federal legislation is necessary to fix this broken system.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.