DVD for Visitors, Guests, and Newcomers
The Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) has produced an exciting new DVD titled "Voices of a Liberal Faith." This twelve-minute DVD shares important background information and inspirational messages about Unitarian Universalism including our history, theology, worship experience, religious education, social justice, and inclusiveness.
Ways to Use the DVD
You can use the DVD in many ways! Here are some ideas:
- Use it in your visitor orientation and/or new member classes.
- Give it to visitors at your greeters desk (one congregation has proposed loaning it to the visitor with the hope that it will be another motivation to return to the church).
- Give a copy to each member.
- Use it as a thank you gift for a successful stewardship campaign.
- Use it as an evangelizing tool! Ask each member to "pass it on" to a friend.
- Suggest that your members buy several copies so that they can have them quickly available to share with friends when asked about their faith.
- Have it as part of your press packet.
Distribution of the DVD
All UUA congregations have received copies of the DVD. The full length DVD is now available on the UUA website for viewing in Windows Media or Real Video format. (See Related Content for information on downloading Windows Media or Real Player programs). In addition, it is available on YouTube. In fact, it has been viewed over 25,000 times!
Purchasing Additional Copies
Yes, please do! Please order online, we will invoice you.
How Production of the DVD Was Funded
Funding for this effort comes through the generous support of the Friends of the UUA. Donors who gave a significant amount for this program were designated as co-producers and their names appear on the credits at the end of the DVD.
Who Produced the DVD
The DVD was produced by the UUA's ad agency, the Swardlick Marketing Group, in Portland, Maine.
For information on permission to use the DVD in electronic media please email marketing_outreach @ uua.org.
For more information contact marketing_outreach @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, February 14, 2012.
- Newcomer Hospitality
- Nurturing Inclusivity
- Ideas for Growth
- Leap of Faith: Congregational Mentoring
- The World Needs Us
- Listening to Experience
- Breakthrough Congregations
- Congregational Stories
- GA Presentations
- Why Add a Worship Service?
- Congregational Size Theory
- Small Congregations
- Midsize Congregations
- Large Congregations