The Questions We Asked: Listening to Experience
The Rev. Alice Mann of the Alban Institiute was invited by the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Growth Team to facilitate a conversation involving twelve ministers from some of the fastest growing Unitarian Universalist (UU) congregations in the country. These are congregations of all sizes, from newly emerging to large churches. Here are the questions we asked:
- What draws people to the congregation you serve?
- What is your role as a minister in growing the congregation you serve?
- How does your congregation help people move inward and outward on their spiritual journey?
- What needs to be in place, organizationally, institutionally and practically, for a congregation to grow?
- Within your congregation, what are obstacles or hindrances to growth, and what has helped?
- What in the larger UU system helps and hinders congregational growth?
For more information contact distservices @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, April 26, 2011.
- Newcomer Hospitality
- Nurturing Inclusivity
- Ideas for Growth
- Leap of Faith: Congregational Mentoring
- The World Needs Us
- Listening to Experience
- Breakthrough Congregations
- Congregational Stories
- GA Presentations
- Why Add a Worship Service?
- Congregational Size Theory
- Small Congregations
- Midsize Congregations
- Large Congregations