Finding Our Commonwealth: the Stewardship UU University Track
Stewardship as Transformational Ministry
- What resources do we have together to nurture our faith communities?
- How do we preserve our churches and reach out in bold new ways?
- How might we feel more secure in our personal and communal lives?
- What might our faith tell us about the meaning of true security?
- In what do we place our trust?
We believe that stewardship can be a transformative ministry to people's daily lives and that stewardship education is a ministry to the whole person. Churches that minister to the entirety of people's financial lives experience an authentic generosity among their members. These churches assist people in navigating a materialist culture and are then able to leave behind cajoling and coaxing people into giving.
- Rev. Cecilia Kingman, Interim Minister, Edmonds Unitarian Universalist (UU) Church, WA
- Rev. Jeanne Pupke, Minister, First UU Church in Richmond, VA
- Chuck Collins, Institute for Policy Studies
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.