You Are Here
Materials, Resources and Reporting from the Theology UU University Track
Continue the Conversation
The Theology Track of Unitarian Universalist (UU) University 2009, led by the Rev. Galen Guengrich, began with a definition of the word "theology." Strictly speaking, theology is speech about God.
"Theology steps back from a certain kind of experience, religious experience," he said, "and asks what makes it possible, and why is it transformative, or why is it destructive?"
The seven questions in the course outline for this workshop:
- How do we know what we most truly know?
- What is the nature of existence and how do we fit into the picture?
- What in the world is divine—if anything?
- What is the uniquely human challenge?
- What are the purpose of faith and the role of religion?
- What does it mean to be a religious community?
- How shall we live in order to transform ourselves and the world?