Appendix A: Resources for Writing Congregational Bylaws
- Commission on Appraisal, Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Belonging: The Meaning of Membership. Boston: UUA, 2001.
- Heller, Anne Odin. Churchworks: A Well-Body Book for Congregations. Boston: Skinner House Books, 1999.
- Rendle, Gilbert R. Behavioral Covenants in Congregations: A Handbook for Honoring Differences. Bethesda, MD: Alban Institute, 1999.
- Zeitlin, Kim Arthur, and Susan E. Dorn. The Nonprofit Board's Guide to Bylaws: Creating a Framework for Effective Governance. Washington, DC: National Center for Nonprofit Boards, 1996.
For more information contact growthresources @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, February 7, 2013.
- Congregational Bylaws
- Congregational Polity
- Policy Based Governance
- Leadership Development
- Visionary Shared Leadership
- Return to Covenant
- Getting Unstuck
- Board Orientation
- Leadership Starts Before Board Meetings
- Dependency in Congregational Life
- Large Congregations
- Congregational Stories
- GA Presentations