Stock Gifts Option 3
Transfer securities by mail.
- In one envelope, send a completed Gift Notification Form with the stock certificate(s) to the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Stewardship and Development Office, Attn: Tom Klein. Please do not sign the certificate(s).
- In a separate envelope send a signed "Stock Power" Form, with your signature medallion certified, to Tom Klein. Please do not fill out the stock power form; we will forward it to our agent for completion. You can print out a Stock Power Form here, or obtain one at any investment firm.
Send one signed stock power for each kind of stock you are contributing. For example, if you are contributing shares of both IBM and Exxon, please send two stock powers. If, however, you are sending more than one certificate of IBM stock, we only need one stock power to complete your gift.
- In general, the date of your gift, for tax purposes, etc., will be the date of postmark on the envelopes used to deliver your certificate and stock power to our office. To this end, please send the two items on the same day, but do not send the stock power in the same envelope with the stock certificate.
- The UUA Stewardship and Development Office will immediately forward these items to RBC Wealth Management, which will sell your securities and mail a check for the net proceeds to the Stewardship and Development Office, which will deposit the money in the appropriate UUA account or, for umbrella gifts, forward the proceeds to the intended beneficiary.
- Whenever feasible, the UUA will call you to confirm the completed gift as soon as we know the transfer is finished. You will also receive written acknowledgment of your contribution well in time for your annual tax filings.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, September 8, 2011.