UU-United Nations Office
The Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office (UU-UNO) brings Unitarian Universalist (UU) values to the United Nations. They advocate on issues important to UUs, such as equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people; peacemaking; international rights for women and children; and climate change.
The UU-UNO continually focuses on a few important programs and works to raise awareness of them at the UN and elsewhere. Past programs, which remain important but now have more active support elsewhere, include AIDS awareness and education and fighting genocide in Darfur. Our current active programs include:
- A global lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) Human Rights Initiative
- The Every Child Is Our Child program in Ghana
- Women: Security & Peacebuilding
- Climate Change Task Force
- Participation in the US Faith and Ethics Network for the International Criminal Court (FENICC)
With your support, the UU-UNO can continue to serve UU congregations as the center of information, advocacy, and action at the United Nations.
Find out more about the UU-UNO on their website, or contact them at:
Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office
777 UN Plaza, Suite 7G
New York, NY 10017
Phone: (212) 986-5165
General Inquiries: office [at] uu-uno [dot] org
For more information contact email@example.com.