Where Does the Annual Program Fund Money Go?
Services Made Possible by the APF
Together we can do what no congregation can do alone. The needs of all of our congregations—whether historic or newly chartered, urban or rural, small, midsize, or large in size—are widely varied and changing. However, each benefits from the collective strength and support of the whole community of Unitarian Universalists. In association, none of our congregations are alone, for we build our Unitarian Universalist community together.
The gifts given to support one another through the Annual Program Fund (APF) constitute nearly 50% of the Unitarian Universalist Association’s (UUA’s) unrestricted income, directly impacting the Association’s capacity to grow and improve the diverse programs and services offered to congregations. Below are just a few of the many services and resources that the Unitarian Universalist Association provides to your congregation, supported in part by the continued generosity of congregations to the Annual Program Fund.
- Social Justice Initiatives including the Standing on the Side of Love campaign responding to identity-based violence, exclusion, and oppression; as well as resources and workshops to start, strengthen, and grow social justice ministries to enable engagement in active advocacy work at the state and local levels.
- Congregational Life and District Services that provide direct support and services to lay and professional leaders of congregations throughout the year as well as sponsoring programs, resources, and training opportunities such as leadership institutes, growth consultation, board training, and conflict management.
- Lifespan Faith Development and Religious Education Curricula for education, worship, advocacy, and social action to address the needs of educators, families, and seekers of all ages, such as Tapestry of Faith and Our Whole Lives. In addition, the Religious Education Credentialing Office provides information concerning professional development and settlement.
- Advancing Excellence in UU Ministry through credentialing and fellowship processes, ministerial search and settlement assistance as well as offering professional development grants and workshops.
- Publications and Online Resources that deepen and spread our faith and values through print and electronic publications, curricula, and resources such as UU World, pamphlets, Tapestry of Faith curricula, Leaders’ Library, growth and marketing resources, and other publications.
- The Worship Web online database provides a vast array of subjects, encompassing worship theory, music, multi-generational worship, the use of technology, and lay lead worship guidance, plus ceremonies, sermons, readings, and meditations generously shared by their authors.
- Congregational Stewardship Consultation Services and Congregational Growth Resources provide consultation and advice on conducting annual budget drives, capital campaigns, financial feasibility studies, strategic planning, practicing hospitality, and membership development.
- Advocacy and Witness for Social Justice Resources to promote a more welcoming, inclusive, empowering, and just faith for all, particularly those marginalized because of racial-ethnic identity, sexual orientation, or mental or physical disabilities. The UUA supports leadership development, strengthening the capacity and application of anti-oppression knowledge and principles to transform congregations and our wider communities through programs such as the Standing on the Side of Love campaign, the new Tapestry of Faith curriculum Building the World We Dream About: A Welcoming Congregation Curriculum on Race and Ethnicity, and the online resource Accessibility Touchstones.
This vision has been brought to life through the gifts shared by every one of the congregations joined together in covenant within this liberal religious tradition. Every member congregation is asked to pledge and contribute each year to the Annual Program Fund. Your APF contributions make it possible to continue to develop and refine these essential resources and services to all of our congregations.
For more information contact apf @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, July 13, 2011.
- Friends of the UUA
- Give to a Special Fund
- Planned Gifts
- Annual Program Fund
- 30 Days of Love
- Umbrella Giving
- UU Funding Program
- Awards & Scholarships
- Annual Report
- Generosity News