General Assembly (GA) is the annual meeting of our Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Attendees worship, witness, learn, connect, and make policy for the Association through democratic process. Anyone may attend; congregations must certify annually to send voting delegates.
General Assembly 2017
June 21-25, New Orleans, LA
General Assembly 2017 takes place at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, 900 Convention Center Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70130. Google Map. Steeped in a history of influences from Europe, the Caribbean, and Africa, it is one of America’s most culturally and historically-rich destinations. It is a city known for its music, food, architecture, and festivals. The average high temperature in June is 89 degrees and the average low is 71.
New Orleans is also known as a place of re-birth following the devastation of Katrina in 2005. Many Unitarian Universalists have contributed time and funds in the effort to rebuild both the city and the congregations in the area. By going to New Orleans, we can both celebrate our successes and recommit to the relationships that have been forged with this community.
General Assembly begins in 2017-06-21 14:00:00 GMT-05:00
- A celebration of the life of Moderator Jim Key has been added to the General Assembly Program. It will be streamed live on Saturday, June 24, at 12:30 p.m. Central Time
- Certified congregations can manage delegate assignments online at my.uua.org.
- For help voting in the election, please begin at uua.org/vote
- Register for General Assembly
- View the 2017 Program Book and/or download the 2017 GA app
- Watch the Board's Webinar: "What General Assembly Delegates Can Expect at GA 2017"
- Use these tools to prepare for GA (readings, videos, and activities)
- On-Demand Video and Workshop Materials
Video and text captured from the live captioners, and handouts or other presenter-submitted workshop materials
- UU World reporting
Timely reports and articles on their GA Blog and as @UUWorld on Twitter, illustrated by some striking selections from their photo album on Flickr
Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) General Assembly & Conference Services professional staff coordinate logistics such as registration, housing, the exhibit hall, services to our attendees prior to General Assembly, and the GA Program. Contact General Assembly & Conference Services Office Staff.
The General Assembly Planning Committee selects the site for each General Assembly, sets the daily schedule, and determines which organizations affiliated with the UUA may present program material. In addition, the committee oversees the annual Ware Lecture, Opening Events, music, ambiance, and evening activities. The UUA Board, based on recommendations by the Planning Committee, selects GA sites four to five years in advance. Site selection criteria.
Future General Assemblies
- June 21-25: 2017 New Orleans, LA
- June 20-24: 2018 Kansas City, MO
- June 19-23: 2019 Spokane, WA
Accessibility and Inclusivity at General Assembly
The General Assembly Planning Committee is committed to addressing the inclusion of all people, whatever their abilities might be, in all GA activities.
- Accessibility Services—Even if you are someone who doesn't usually use assistive equipment, you might really be helped by the available services, from mobility and hearing equipment to advice and orientation services.
- Commitment to Inclusion—Beyond the physical accessibility of the facilities we use—ramps, captioning, seating cut-outs, etc.—we endeavor to take the next step: to truly welcome people with disabilities into every facet of GA.
- Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression, Multiculturalism—The UUA affirms its commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Economic Accessibility—The GA Planning committee is focused on creating opportunities to participate, including financial aid and subsidized child care.
- Logos and Other Downloadable Resources for Promoting GA in Your Congregations.