Giving and Stewardship Resources on Philanthropy and Personal Finance
- Creating Tomorrow's Philanthropists: Curriculum Development for Youth. Bjorhovde, Patricia O., Editor. New Directions for Philanthropic Fundraising, Number 36, Summer 2002, sponsored by The Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Jossey-Bass.
- The Generosity Factor. Blanchard, Ken and Cathy, S. Truett, 2002, Zondervan. A parable based on biblical principles of personal stewardship for those who sense there is more to life than getting more.
- Giving—the Sacred Art (PDF, 29 pages): A Unitarian Universalist Study Guide for Small Groups. Written by Lauren Tyler Wright. Excerpts used in this UU Study guide are from Giving—the Sacred art: Creating a Lifestyle of Generosity © 2008 by Lauren Tyler Wright. Permission granted by SkyLight Paths Publishing, P.O. Box 237, Woodstock, VT 05091.
- Inspired Philanthropy: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Giving Plan. Gary, Tracey, and Melissa Kohner, 2nd edition, 2002, Jossey-Bass.
- It’s Not About the Money. Kessel, Brent, Harper One, HarperCollins, NY. 2008.
Outlines a new path of financial and personal growth based on insights from the world’s spiritual and wisdom traditions. Features eight financial archetypes to help readers understand their own financial habits, and exercises to transform one’s financial life from the inside out.
- Choose to Save (all ages). This website offers a variety of resources to assist in financial planning for retirement.
- Learning to Give (all ages). This website is chock full of resources for religious organization, educators, parents, children and youth, younger and older adults. Included are a variety of interactive activities and numerous links to relevant sites and organizations.
- Moonjar (all ages). A program of saving, sharing, and spending that features special boxes with three compartments for each. Links to the Seattle Foundation resources for children and parents.
- Share Save Spend (all ages). Help youths and adults achieve Financial Sanity by developing and maintaining healthy financial habits. Nathan Dungan, Founder.
- Oprah's Pay it Forward Challenge. Oprah Winfrey challenges people to make a difference in the world by helping others.
- Kidz 4 Money, Mindset for Wealth book series for young people.
- The Seattle Foundation has three downloadable booklets on individual philanthropic giving and generosity: Growing Up Giving, Giving with a Mission, and Give With Your Heart and Mind.
For more information contact apf @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, July 13, 2011.
- Online Donations
- Consulting Program
- Annual Budget Drive
- APF Contributions to the UUA
- Nurturing Generosity
- Stewardship Q&A
- Effective Practices
- Generosity Principles
- Roles & Planning Processes
- UUA Staff Websites/ Contacts
- Books by UU Authors
- Ecumenical Resources
- Sources of Readings, Prayers, and Meditations
- Giving Opportunities for All Ages
- Stewardship Assessment
- Singing for the Green
- Children & Youth
- The Joy of Giving
- Troubled Economy
- Successful Planned Giving
- Congregational Stories
- GA Presentations
- To Last the Ages