Charitable Giving in a Troubled Economy
- Finding Abundance in Scarce Times (PDF, 20 pages)
A webinar for new Unitarian Universalist (UU) Ministers presented by the Stewardship and Development Staff
- Anticipating the Effects of the U.S. Economy on Congregational Giving in 2008-2009
- Notes on the Economy and Charitable Giving
- Giving During Tough Economic Times (PDF, 26 pages)
- 10 Components of Successful Stewardship in Difficult Economic Times (PDF, 15 pages)
WorshipWeb has a collection of Worship Resources for Tough Economic Times.
Economics and Fundraising: Stewardship Strategies
- Stewardship Strategies for Congregations in Challenging Economic Times (May 13, 2009)
Moderated by Laurel Amabile, Director of the Unitarian Universalist Association's (UUA's) Annual Program Fund. Featuring commentary by Wayne Clark, Director of Congregational Giving; Rev. James C. Leach, Senior Minister, Unitarian Universalist (UU) Church of Charlotte; Angela Matthews, CFRE; Terry Sweetser, Vice President of Stewardship and Development; and Jeter Walker, Director of Administration, UU Church of Charlotte.
- Opportunities for Leadership in Challenging Economic Times (April 30, 2009)
Read the questions & answers from our first session, moderated by Laurel Amabile, Director of the UUA's Annual Program Fund, and featuring commentary by Terry Sweetser, Vice President of Stewardship and Development; Wayne Clark, Director of Congregational Giving; and other panelists with experience in congregational stewardship and finance.
Please email Laurel at: apfdirector @ uua.org with feedback or questions.
For more information contact apf @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Monday, July 25, 2011.
- Online Donations
- Consulting Program
- Annual Budget Drive
- APF Contributions to the UUA
- Nurturing Generosity
- Troubled Economy
- Successful Planned Giving
- Congregational Stories
- GA Presentations
- To Last the Ages
- Financial Investment
- Financial Management
- Tax Issues
- Building Loans and Grants
- Benefit Plans/ Compensation
- UUA Finances