Green Sanctuary Fiscal Year 2010 2nd Quarter Report
Green Sanctuary Program Accomplishments
Two congregation’s Green Sanctuary activities have been featured on the newly launched Congregational Stewardship Blog.
We are continuing to review resources for Green Sanctuaries including green books and films. In addition to reviews of Children’s Books you can now find reviews of over fifty films on the Green Sanctuary web pages. Check back in the future for additional films, additional books, and websites.
In partnership with the Unitarian Universalist Ministry for Earth and the State Action Networks we encouraged congregations to participate in a Weekend of Climate Action, December 11-13, 2009. 350.org is organizing candlelight “Vigils for Survival” around the world on Friday, December 11, or Saturday, December 12. Go to 350.org to explore the vigil action pages, including Bill McKibben’s invitation to join the world in lighting candles of hope, guidance on hosting a vigil in your own community, and links to other participating organizations. On Sunday, December 13, faith communities were once again invited to “sound out” the 350 call to action through ringing bells, beating drums, and making all kinds of noises 350 times.
Renewal and the companion screening guide were sent to congregations who requested the packet because they did not originally receive the mailing. If you would like an additional copy or you have not received the original packet, email uua_greensanctuary @ uua.org with your request along with your correct mailing address.
Green Sanctuary Statistics for the Unitarian Universalist Association
- 117 Accredited, 122 Candidates
- Total congregations participating 239
Accredited in Fiscal Year 2010 (FY10) 2nd Quarter
- Oberlin Unitarian Universalist (UU) Fellowship in OH
- Peterborough UU Church in NH
- UU Congregation of Marin in San Rafael, CA
- University Unitarian Church in Seattle, WA
- First Universalist Church in Rockland, ME
- UU Society of Black Hawk County in Cedar Falls, IA
- Heritage UU Church in Cincinnati, OH
Total congregations accredited in FY10 2nd Quarter = 7
Candidates in FY10 2nd Quarter
- Second Unitarian Church of Omaha, NE
- UU Church of the Desert in Rancho Mirage, CA
- Unitarian Society of Hartford, CT
- First Unitarian Church of Toledo, OH
- UU Congregation in Blacksburg, VA
- East Suburban UU Church in Murrysville, PA
- First Parish in Needham, MA
- UU Fellowship of Winston-Salem, NC
- UU Church of Brunswick, ME
- UU Society of Southern Delaware in Lewes, DE
- Melrose UU Church in MA
- Comal County UU Society in New Braunfels, TX
Total congregations recognized as candidates in FY10 2nd Quarter = 12
This report was generated on December 21, 2009.
For more information contact uua_greensanctuary @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, July 20, 2012.
- What is Environmental Justice
- Resources for Environmental Engagement
- Green Sanctuary
- Ethical Eating
- Climate Change
- Dependence on Fossil Fuels
- Access to Essential Resources
- Sustainable and Local Economy