Interfaith Environmental Film: Renewal
The Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations (UUA) Office of Congregational Stewardship Services (CSS) Green Sanctuary program has shipped copies of the interfaith film Renewal and "Renewal: A Guide for Screening and Using the Documentary" to all UUA congregations free-of-charge. Please check your congregational mailbox for your copy.
The film is a documentary composed of eight stories of various faith communities engaging in environmental work inspired by their faith. As a faith community, Unitarian Universalists (UUs) envision a world where all people are assured a secure and meaningful life that is ecologically responsible and sustainable and recognize every form of life has intrinsic value. UUs are called to meet this challenge through education, service, witness and advocacy. We invite each congregation to use this resource in whatever way would be most useful for the congregation. Some ways to use this resource are to:
- Include the film in a regular congregational film series
- Invite other faith communities to co-sponsor a screening of the film to start an interfaith collation for environmental concerns
- Choose one of the stories to include in a worship service or as a religious education lesson
- Use the study guide and complete one of the suggested activities
- Show the film to get your congregation interested in participating in the Green Sanctuary program
This is great tool to raise awareness about how other faith communities are standing up for the environment and can be used to inspire discussion and action related to environmental justice, climate change education, and participation in the International Day of Climate Action.
In partnership with the UUA Advocacy and Witness Washington Office, UU Ministry for Earth, UU Service Committee, UU State Action Networks, UU United Nations Organization, the UUA Green Sanctuary program encourages you to participate in 350.org. Make sure you register your event to be counted as one of the 350 UU congregations participating.
For more information contact uua_greensanctuary @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, July 20, 2012.
- What is Environmental Justice
- Resources for Environmental Engagement
- Green Sanctuary
- Ethical Eating
- Climate Change
- Dependence on Fossil Fuels
- Access to Essential Resources
- Sustainable and Local Economy