Congregational Stories About Environmental Justice & Stewardship
Here, we highlight stories from congregations engaged in environmental justice and stewardship, many through the Green Sanctuary Program, which was designed to give roots and wings to the vision that, together, we can create a world in which all people make reverence, gratitude, and care for the living Earth that is central to our lives.
Do you have a story you would like to share? Please send us your stories by emailing them to environment [at] uua [dot] org.
- Arlington, MA, Offers Its Youth Exceptional Opportunities for Environmental Justice Learning (Word) (PDF)
- Unitarian Universalist (UU) Church of Brunswick Works with Habitat’s Step One Weatherization Program (Word) (PDF)
- UU Congregation in Milford Begins New Garden Box Project Word (Word) (PDF)
- Get Drastic, Reduce Plastic Initiative (Word) (PDF)
- Goal: Religious maturity (June 13, 2013)
- Gardening Series Begins (January 13, 2014)
- First Unitarian Church of Albuquerqe Receives Platinum LEED Status for Sanctuary (November 25,2013)
- Non-profit Leaders Call for More Engagement on Climate Change (August 6, 2013)
- DuPage UU Church Earns Earth Flag for Good Green Practices (June 27, 2013)
- Faith Inspires Louisville Rally for Environmental Justice (June 21, 2013)
- “'If Not Us, then Who? If Not Now, then When?': Organizing the Largest Environmental Rally in Kentucky History” (April 3, 2013)
- “Unitarian Church Hosts Programs on Food Ethics/Sustainability” (May 7, 2013)
- “Unitarians: Mayoral Debate Part of Environmental Mission” (March 6, 2013)
- “First Parish in Framingham Goes Solar” (March 5, 2013)
- “Is Divestment the Only Solution to Climate Catastrophe?” (February 26, 2013)
- “Earth and Spirit: What Will the Future Look Like?” (January 18, 2013)
- “Indiana Congregations Get Grants for Solar Panels” (January 2, 2013)
- “Milford Unitarian Church Wins Green Award” (December 27, 2012)
- “Bringing Science and Faith Together for the Bay's Good” (November 21, 2012)
- “Salt Lake City Church Turns to Sun Power” (November 18, 2012)
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.